BBS Concrete Barrier (CB) is a CE-marked, in-situ, vehicle restraint system designed to contain vehicles, save lives and reduce congestion, with the added benefit of being virtually maintenance-free for 50 years.
The advantages of the BBS profile compared to other shapes such as the New Jersey profile is to prevent the possibility of roll-over accidents and to significantly reduce vehicle damage and occupant injury. The Highway Barrier is designed to redirect errant vehicles. It limits minor vehicle contact by the vehicle tyres and suspension systems to the base of the barrier so that a slight impact will, in most cases, allow the vehicle to continue its journey safely. This product has been instrumental in preventing crossover accidents on major motorway and dual carriageway networks.
The product is also combined with Steel Barrier (SB) which BBS also licenses the installation and manufacture of through a range of approved Licensees.
Key benefits of the design include:
- Proven in practice to contain higher than certified design (H2)
- Fully CE marked
- Minimal Maintenance – serviceable life of at least 50 years (for CB)
- Extensive range of solutions from bridge barriers to variable profiles
- Reduced risk of impact injuries to motorcyclists because of its smooth face Improved worker safety – fewer interventions for repair
- Space saving and surface mounted
- Smart Motorway solution