– Height difference between carriageways
– Superelevation across carriageways
The BBS CB-V is a double-sided step barrier suitable for use when the difference in level between carriageways is less than 300 mm. The variable profile can accommodate changing carriageway levels.
There are two basic designs:
- Concrete Barrier Variable (CB-V) – width at top 200mm, base width minimum is 542mm and maximum is 585mm.
- Concrete Barrier Variable Wide (CB-VW) – width at top 600mm, base width minimum is 942mm and maximum is 985mm.
For a temporary difference in level between carriageways of less than 100mm, the standard profile BBS CB with a deeper base can be constructed. Where the level difference is permanent, BBS’s CB-V allows construction of a single barrier to accommodate the height difference.
|Certified to EN1317-5|
|Containment level – H2|
|Working Width W2 and W3|
|ASI – B|
Highway Solution Benefits
- A tested and complete solution
- CE mark on installed ‘as-tested’ solution
- Minimal Maintenance
- Serviceable life of at least 50 years (for CB)
- High containment (H2) reduces risk of crossover accidents
- Economic and sustainable
- Rapid and easy installation
- Space saving
- Low whole-life cost
- Reduced traffic congestion – fewer lane closures
- Designed to redirect errant vehicles
- Variety of solutions
- Improved worker safety – fewer interventions for repair
- Reduced risk of impact injuries to motorcyclists because of its smooth face