Scope of Technical Query (TQ) and Security Query (SQ) Services
The TQ and SQ services is supplied by BBS to its Licensed Installers, Supply Chain Partners and Product Users for the sole purpose to provide support, guidance or assistance on the application of BBS’s concrete, steel and security barriers.
Technical Query Flow Chart
- This details the processes for submitting a TQ to BBS.
- What the TQ/SQ services DO cover?
- Guidance on using the current Technical Construction File (TCF).
- Design clarifications.
- Modification requests for changes to the standard design.
- Route to report product issues, faults or for areas of improvement.
What the TQ/ SQ services NOT cover?
- Project/scheme design work.
- Any advice on non-BBS products.
- Advice or guidance on anything that is not specific to the barrier design.
- Guidance on national requirements or standards.
- Any fixtures or fittings affixed to the barrier (that is not covered within the TCF).
TQ/SQ Matrix and estimated lead times:
|TQ/SQ Categories||Details||Estimated Turnaround*||Chargeable|
|Design Clarification||Strict interpretation and clarification of the current Technical Construction File where there is ambiguity||Minimum 5 working days||Depending on complexity|
|Modification Request||Where there is an amendment or change to the standard product design||Upon application||Price on application|
|Other – General||To request further product information, performance details, or to report general improvements, inaccuracies, or any other query not covered by a design clarification||Minimum 5 working days||Depending on complexity|
|Alternative Products||For requesting the use of third party products / alternative systems in connection with BBS products or replacing specific BBS products||Upon application||Price on application|
Barrier modifications are submitted through the standard TQ form for Highway barriers or the Modification Request (MR) form when considering security barrier changes. And once received, BBS will review with its designer what level of modification is required and the estimated fees for completing the work. This is sent back to the Licensee, Partner or User who will be responsible for approving the costs with BBS so the works can either commence or be re-considered.