Highway Barrier Systems
BBS Concrete Barriers are a CE-marked, in-situ, vehicle restraint system designed to contain vehicles, save lives and reduce congestion, with the added benefit of being virtually maintenance-free for 50 years.
Security Barrier Systems
BBS Security Barrier (BsecB) is a fully PAS 68 tested and designed system brought in as a permanent hostile vehicle mitigation (HVM) security barrier against anti-terrorist and anti-criminal attacks.
The product is uniquely designed to offer both robust external security protection and the ability to be integrated with our utilities or security measures to offer one single line of defense rather than the additional cost and space used for two different security systems.
CB at Structures
Embedded barrier over structures
Cost-efficient foundation options
Permanent access to bridge joints
Low maintenance requirements
Bridge spans less than 30m
Why Use BBS Barrier Systems
BBS Barriers is a dedicated barrier design and licensing company offering concrete and steel barrier solutions for highway and security infrastructure - from major motorway builds to secure nuclear facilities.
BBS Barriers has designed an extensive range of barrier solutions that are fully certified and proven in practice to perform to a high level of safety and security with minimal maintenance through effectiveness, efficiency and economy.
- Established Market Leader with 12 years’ experience and over 1200km barrier constructed internationally through our five competing Licensed Installers
- The most comprehensive Technical Construction File: Issue 6 with Designer Edition
- Fully certified and CE marked designs with independent audit assessments through Horiba MIRA
- Proven in practice for low maintenance, high performance safety barriers with a 50 year design life
- Technical support for product application with bespoke Technical Query Service
The BBS range offers a unique portfolio of barriers designed to work across different highway environments and also offer a range of accessory products in steel to provide a ‘total solution’.
BBS designed a Highway Barrier to be surface mounted to increase safety and durability whilst reducing whole-lifecycle costs. This originally came from a Dutch design whereby the barrier had been embedded throughout Europe.
The advantage of the BBS profile is to prevent the possibility of cross-over accidents and to significantly reduce vehicle damage and occupant injury. The stepped profile limits minor vehicle contact by the vehicle tyres and suspensions systems to the base of the barrier so that a slight impact will redirect errant vehicles, in most cases, allow the vehicle to continue its journey safely.
With the barrier being constructed by the slipform technique and placed with minimal foundation requirements, it is installed rapidly under stringent quality control enabling a wholly mechanised process which is free from heavy manual handling and results in a reduction in time and cost compared to other construction methods.
- Fully CE marked and proven in practice at H2 containment
- Industry unique design guide for CB at structures
- Narrow footprint requiring minimal space
- Minimal maintenance – design life of 50 years
- Extensive portfolio with range of profiles and accessories including wide barrier for street furniture
- Reduced risk of impact injuries to motorcyclists because of smooth face.
- Improved worker safety – fewer interventions for repair